We continue to pursue our projects and activities with the same enthusiasm we had on our very first day, and work to..
Scholarship Opportunity From Green Crescent (Yeşilay) For Postgraduate and Doctoral Students!
Green Crescent (i.e., Yeşilay) provides scholarship grant for postgraduate and doctoral students in universities, institutes and research centres, who will conduct thesis studies with respect to alcohol, tobacco, drug, gambling, technology, and other types of addiction and that will contribute to addiction study fields of Yeşilay. Application deadline is July 2, 2018.
The fact that academic publications in our country regarding addiction is not within the desired number creates deficiencies in developing a theoretical framework from developing efficient policies to establishing operation mechanisms in the fight against addiction. From this point of view, Green Crescent has provided support for thesis studies to be conducted in the field of addictions thanks to Postgraduate Thesis Research Scholarship Grant Program since 2014 up to now for supporting qualitative and quantitative studies, which will be prepared in many fields from health sciences to social sciences and that are likely to create a reference at national and international level in the fight against addiction.
Only the thesis studies to be conducted in the following fields of study will be taken under reviews within the context of Green Crescent Postgraduate Scholarship Program.
- Tobacco Addiction
- Drug Addiction
- Alcohol Addiction
- Technology Addiction
- Gambling and other habitual addiction types
As part of Postgraduate Thesis Research Scholarship Grant Program for the period of 2018/6, following dissertation studies will be prioritized which are required by Green Crescent in accordance with its strategic plan and targets:
- Studies regarding addiction in which campaigns and methods to raise the awareness of society will be reviewed.
- Studies to be conducted on the relation of demographic characteristics (i.e., training, level of income, age, gender etc.) with drug addiction.
- Studies in which the issue of preventing addiction in, and informing women/mothers and children, will be reviewed.
- Studies on the harms, effects of electronic cigarette, and review of the legislation thereof.
- Studies and programs, performed for the review of rehabilitation model and social support systems.
- Studies to be conducted on the relation of special groups (easily vulnerable groups: mother/woman, refugees, the young and children etc.) with addiction.
- Social media studies on online sexuality and dating sites (Pedagogical review of computer games, the aspects of the impact of the same on the child, the effect of subliminal messages)
- Studies to be conducted on the impact of media on the perception of addiction.
- Studies on the relation of puberty and addiction.
- Studies on the international review of the organizations and institutions that provide training about addiction.
- Review and comparative analysis of global models to provide support for Green Crescent youth organizations: Studies on the review of acts of the youth in the fight against addiction.
- Family studies to be conducted on the demographic structure and inclination towards drugs.
Detailed information for 2018/6 Postgraduate Thesis Research Scholarship Grant Program is available at the following application guide.
Send e-mail to the following account; firstname.lastname@example.org for detailed information.
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION GUIDEpdf