We continue to pursue our projects and activities with the same enthusiasm we had on our very first day, and work to..
Third Issue of Addicta for 2020 Published
The third issue of Addicta: The Turkish Journal on Addictions for 2020, the refereed academic journal of the Green Crescent, which includes research on addictions, has been published.
Launching a new design concept to mark the 100th anniversary of the Green Crescent, Addicta is published in English with extended abstracts of the articles in Turkish. The renewed website can be reached at http://addicta.com.tr
Addicta, which was first published in 2014, aims to offer solutions for the global problem of addiction, to serve as a medium for international and interdisciplinary unique scientific studies, to produce qualified discussions regarding addictions, and to contribute to the development of addiction-related policies in Turkey.
Since 2015, Addicta has been scanned by both international and national citation indexes, such as the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), the TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM Social and Human Sciences Database, the InfoBase INDEX, the Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) and the Turkish Psychiatry Directory.
Articles in the Addicta 7-3 issue:
- Modeling Emotion Regulation and Subjective Happiness: Smartphone Addiction as a Mediator
Begüm Satıcı, M. Engin Deniz
- Drinkers’ Perceptions on Conducting Studies on Alcohol Consumption: Preliminary Study for International Alcohol Control Study, Turkey
Büşra Sandıklı , Perihan Torun , Ayşe Nur Balcı Yapalak
- Casino Paradise: The Turkish Cypriots and Gambling Addiction
- Male Addicts’ Experiences on Predictors of Relapse to Drug Use: A Directed Qualitative Content Analysis
Amirabbas Mousali, Latif Moradveisi, Majid Barati, Babak Moeini, Saeed Bashirian, Manoj Sharma, Younes Mohammadi
- Gambling Dreams in Pathological Gambler Outpatients: A Pilot Study
- The Effect of Turkish Green Crescent Society APTP Program on Students’ Knowledge and Emotional Awareness about Tobacco, Alcohol, Drug, and Technology Addiction
Mücahit Öztürk, Şener Büyüköztürk, Gökçen Aydın, Mehmet Dinç, Sultan Işık, Halime Yıldırım Hoş, Menekşe Uysal Saraç, Sinem Şenferah, Görkem Ceyhan, Merve Yıldırım Seheryeli
- Feelings, Thoughts and Experiences of Caregivers of Individuals with Substance Use Disorder
Fatma Mahperi Uluyol, Kerime Bademli
- Hookah Smoking Profiles of University Students and Their Perceptions of its Health Risks
Betül Esra Çevik, Semra Kocataş