We continue to pursue our projects and activities with the same enthusiasm we had on our very first day, and work to..
Fourth Issue of Addicta for 2020 PublishedThe fourth issue of Addicta: The Turkish Journal on Addictions for 2020, the refereed academic journal of the Green Crescent, which includes research on addictions, has been published.
Launching a new design concept to mark the 100th anniversary of the Green Crescent, Addicta is published in English with extended abstracts of the articles in Turkish. The renewed website can be reached at http://addicta.com.tr/
Addicta, which was first published in 2014, aims to offer solutions for the global problem of addiction, to serve as a medium for international and interdisciplinary unique scientific studies, to produce qualified discussions regarding addictions, and to contribute to the development of addiction-related policies in Turkey.
Since 2015, Addicta has been scanned by both international and national citation indexes, such as the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI), the TÜBİTAK ULAKBİM Social and Human Sciences Database, the InfoBase INDEX, the Academic Search Premier (EBSCO) and the Turkish Psychiatry Index.
Articles in the Addicta 7-4 issue:
- Relationship between Basic Psychological Needs and Problematic Internet Use of Adolescents: The Mediating Role of Life Satisfaction
Sinan Okur, Mustafa Özekes
- Screening Scale for Behavioral and Socioeconomic Risk Factors for Gambling Addiction: A Validity and Reliability Study
Kinyas Tekin, Cavid Güliyev, Emre Yılmaz, Kültegin Ögel, Begüm Ceren Yüksel
- Effects of Engaging Family in Addiction Treatment for Substance Use and Treatment Compliance: A Preliminary Study
Gizem Kahyaoğlu, Mehmet Dinç, Sultan Işık, Kültegin Ögel
- Exploration of Media Literacy about Substance Abuse among Students: A Qualitative Study
Hanieh Jormand, Saeed Bashirian, Majid Barati, Forouzan Rezapur-Shahkolai, Mohammad Babamiri
- Anger, Coping, and Affective Temperament in Opioid-Dependent Men: A Controlled Study
Medine Gıynaş Ayhan, Ali Hakan Öztürk, Hilal Seven, Seda Kırcı Ercan, İbrahim Eren
- A Cut-off Level to Predict Quit Smoking Based on Smoking Cessation Success Prediction Scale (SCSPS): A Preliminary Study
Ezgi Tanımlı, Melike Mercan Başpınar, Okcan Basat
- Exploring Alcohol and Substance Addiction among Syrian Migrants in Turkey: A Qualitative Study Integrating Perspectives of Addicts, Their Relatives, Local and National Institutions
Mustafa Taşdemir, Hüseyin Küçükali, Abdullah Uçar, Haydar Sur
- Lessons Learned from a Pandemic: Covid-19 and Substance Use
Hüseyin Ozan Torun, Hakan Coşkunol